Starting salary: $80,000/year
The 19th is hiring a Director of Partnerships & Platforms to greatly expand the reach of our journalism through republishing, distributed platforms, events and other community partnerships. As Director of Partnerships & Platforms, you will broker republishing agreements with publishers whose audiences would benefit from free access to 19th content; you’ll work with the editorial team to place our best enterprise journalism with exclusive media partners; and you’ll oversee the placement of 19th content on third-party platforms. You will also work with the product team to scale access and usage of our free republishing pixel, and supplement community outreach/engagement to drive participation in our events as needed. Above all, you will champion The 19th’s mission to serve women, people of color, and those historically underserved by American media. The Director of Partnerships & Platforms will report to the Publisher.
- Developing and managing a media partner network to increase the republishing of 19thnews.org stories in alignment with our audience goals
- Securing exclusive distribution partners for major editorial initiatives
- Overseeing adoption of our republishing guidelines by media and community partners; managing inbound requests for republishing of stories and media assets
- Leveraging partner network to drive participation in 19th events and other community-driven initiatives
- Analyzing republishing trends to deepen partnerships and identify new opportunities for republishing and/or community engagement
- Managing the distribution and optimization of 19th content on third-party platforms such as Smart News, Apple News, etc.
- Analyzing performance of off-platform content to help guide editorial and product decision making
- Identifying new revenue streams through monetization of off-platform content
Relevant skills include:
- An established industry network and an ability to build relationships with peers in editorial, business and communications roles
- Experience managing partner relationships with proactive communication, problem-solving and responsive attitude
- Excellent copywriting, editing and presentation skills; experience facilitating training and/or community engagement a plus
- Experience utilizing marketing and CRM applications to drive user engagement and retention
- Deep familiarity with publishing and/or distribution platforms such as AMP, Apple, Facebook Instant, etc.
- Familiarity with search engine and social media optimization strategies
- Experience gathering and analyzing data from across platforms
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
Benefits of working at The 19th
- 20 days paid time off, plus major holidays (12 per year)
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible work hours
- Professional development/conference stipend
- Up to 6 months paid family leave
- Flex Plan (for medical or child care expenses)
- Disability insurance (ST and LT)
- Life insurance
- Caregiver leave
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply here by
Feb. 5, 2020 April 1, 2021. Have questions about this position? Contact Amanda Zamora at [email protected] Please note: We are not accepting résumés or applications via email. All candidates must apply here.