The 19th is proud to make our journalism free for all to read and republish. Unless otherwise noted, you may republish our articles for free as long as you abide by our Creative Commons license and the following terms.
Unless otherwise noted, you may republish our articles for free as long as you abide by our Creative Commons license and the following terms:
- Stories must credit The 19th. This includes byline credit (for example, “Errin Haines, The 19th”) and a line at the top of the story that reads, “This story was originally published by The 19th,” where “The 19th” is hyperlinked to the 19thnews.org version of the story.
- Stories must retain our pixel tag. Our republish tool (found next to the share buttons on all article pages) automatically includes a pixel tag that allows us to track views to our stories on other domains. You must retain this tag.
- Stories must retain original language. You may not edit our content, except for minor updates to time and location references or editorial style. You may also make minor revisions for style or headline size, and you may trim stories for space. You must also retain all original hyperlinks, including links to The 19th newsletters, events and any other 19thnews.org calls-to-action.
- Photographs and illustrations may not be republished without additional permission. If you would like to republish any story elements besides text and links, please contact [email protected] to inquire about media rights.
- Be sure to tag The 19th when sharing our stories on your social channels. We are @19thnews on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Do not translate our stories into another language without our permission.
- Do not sell advertisements on behalf of The 19th. However, it’s OK for our stories to appear on pages with ads you’ve already sold.
- Do not ask for donations on behalf of The 19th or imply that donations to your organization support The 19th.
- Do not sell or syndicate our content. This includes publishing or syndicating our work on platforms such as Apple News.
- Do not scrape our website or use our stories to populate websites designed to improve search rankings or gain revenue from network-based advertisements. Your website must also include prominent links to your about page and contact information.
- Additional technical specifications: Please retain the 19thnews.org canonical URL on your story page whenever possible.