Make the biggest impact with a monthly donation
Recurring gifts help us plan ahead and are critical to our sustainability. A $19 a month membership is a great place to start, but recurring and one-time donations of any amount help us achieve our mission together.
Explore our member benefits
Membership tiers are determined by the total amount received by an individual within the previous 365 days; this may include multiple gifts.
Our most popular membership. From $5 to $19 a year, you’ll receive:
- A place on our gratitude wall
- Our members-only newsletter
- Swag: sticker and thank you note
For $20 to $199 a year, membership includes:
- Ally benefits, plus
- Quarterly stakeholder reports
- Swag: sticker, button and thank you note
For $200 to $999 a year, membership includes:
- Ally and advocate benefits, plus
- Exclusive event invites
- Swag: sticker, button, tote and thank you note
Become an Investor
Major gifts and philanthropic support are gifts of $1,000 or more that help us make significant progress toward The 19th’s mission to be an essential and independent national news organization reporting at the intersection of gender, race, politics, and policy. Our investors drive innovation through early and ongoing support and are key to our ability to scale our groundbreaking reporting. If you're interested, you can donate online below or email us at [email protected]. For more ways to support The 19th, explore the different ways to give.
Our journalism is powered by readers who believe in our mission…
… to empower women, women of color and the LGBTQ+ community with the information, community and tools they need to be equal participants in our democracy.
At a time when newsroom budgets across the United States are shrinking, The 19th is investing in serious reporting that reimagines politics and policy journalism to be more inclusive of and responsive to its audience. That means:
- Having reporters anchored across the country, not just on the coasts
- Meeting our readers where they are, whether it’s online, in person or in the pages of their local newspaper
- Making our journalism free for state and local publications to republish
- Engaging with women, women of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to better understand how their lives are shaped by the decisions their elected officials make
- Hitting the pavement to listen to our readers’ lived experiences, to tell their stories and to elevate their voices
Do you have questions about our membership program? Visit our FAQ.
Thank you to our new and sustaining members and investors
The 19th thanks those who became members, investors or made a sustaining gift in July 2023, including donating $5 to $999 and supporting us with annual gifts of $1,000 or more. If you're interested, we'd love to speak with you about major gift options. Learn more.
If you donated to The 19th in July 2023 and do not see your name listed here, please email [email protected].
We’d also like to give a special shout-out to our founding members and investors. Thanks for helping make The 19th a reality.