Sustainability is more than a buzzword: It’s a critical framework to ensure that housing, transportation and water use are designed to have low environmental impact while maintaining a high quality of life. To combat the effects of climate change, residents and leaders across the nation are looking for innovative ways to make their communities more sustainable.
We’re talking with leaders who are taking bold actions, both locally and nationally, to develop equitable and sustainable communities that are more livable and adaptable for the most vulnerable groups. We’ll learn from them about the steps we can take, individually, to make a difference where we live now — and which ideas are scalable for broad impact.
Opening Remarks | 1:00 p.m. ET
- Emily Ramshaw, CEO and Co-founder, The 19th
Sponsor remarks from Bloomberg Philanthropies | 1:03 p.m. ET
- Antha N. Williams, Environment Program Lead, Bloomberg Philanthropies
Keynote | 1:05 p.m. ET
- Pete Buttigieg, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- Moderator: Grace Panetta, Politics Reporter, The 19th
Panel Conversation | 1:25 p.m. ET
- Vi Lyles, Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Leah Thomas, Author and Advocate, “The Intersectional Environmentalist”
- Jenny Wu, Managing Director of Development, Jonathan Rose Companies
- Moderator: Jessica Kutz, Gender, Climate and Sustainability Reporter, The 19th