Applications for this role have now closed. Please see our jobs page for our open positions.
Minimum salary: $70K/year
Location: Austin, TX (preferred but not required)
The 19th is hiring a Digital Producer to help optimize our journalism for readers across platforms. As Digital Producer, you will work closely with the editorial and production teams to ensure content is published on time and with all necessarily edits and elements. You will help manage the daily editorial budget so that editorial, audience, creative and engineering teams are in sync on production deadlines and priorities. You will monitor content analytics and search/social trends to optimize headlines and website promos as needed. You will assist the events team with pre- and post-event copywriting and task management. Above all, you will champion the needs of our readers by ensuring our content is as accessible and engaging to them as possible. The Digital Producer will report to our Deputy Editor.
- Helping maintain our editorial calendar and publishing schedule
- Producing stories, including optimizing and editing headlines, photo captions and recirculation links as needed
- Programming our daily homepage with the latest headlines, story packages and newsletter roundups
- Helping produce pre- and post-event communications, including newsletter, website and social copy
- Providing research and copywriting support for editorial and events projects, as needed
Relevant skills include:
- 3+ years of digital production experience
- Ability to multitask on deadline is essential
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in WordPress or similar content management systems
- Familiarity with content analytics, including Google Analytics and Parsely
- Demonstrated SEO experience, including keyword research, headline writing and link-building
- Experience in project management systems and software (such as AirTable) a plus
- Ability to edit/produce photo and video content and familiarity with creative editing software (such as Adobe Suite) a plus
- Self-starting, proactive attitude
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities.
- 20 days paid time off, plus major holidays (13 per year)
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible work hours
- Professional development/conference stipend
- Up to 6 months paid family leave
- Flex Plan (for medical or child care expenses)
- Disability insurance (ST and LT)
- Life insurance
- Caregiver leave
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply here by August 15. Have questions about this position? Contact [email protected]. Please note: We are not accepting résumés or applications via email. All candidates must apply here.