As a nonprofit newsroom, members are critical to our sustainability.
Recurring gifts help ensure we have the ongoing support we need to plan ahead. A $19/month membership is a great place to start, but we welcome recurring and one-time gifts of any size, if you'd prefer to choose your own amount.
Our most popular membership. From $5 to $19 a year, you’ll receive:
- A place on our gratitude wall
- Our members-only newsletter
- Swag: sticker and thank you note
For $20 to $199 a year, membership includes:
- Ally benefits, plus
- Quarterly stakeholder reports
- Swag: sticker, button and thank you note
For $200 to $999 a year, membership includes:
- Ally and advocate benefits, plus
- Exclusive event invites
- Swag: sticker, button, tote and thank you note
Become an Investor
Major gifts and philanthropic support help us make significant progress toward The 19th’s mission to be an essential and independent national news organization reporting at the intersection of gender, race, politics, and policy. Our investors drive innovation through early and ongoing support and are key to our ability to scale our groundbreaking reporting. Their support, knowledge and expertise is key to funding the long-term and sustainable growth of The 19th. If you're interested, we'd love to speak with you about major gift options.
Our journalism is powered by readers who believe in our mission…
… to empower women, women of color and the LGBTQ+ community with the information, community and tools they need to be equal participants in our democracy.
At a time when newsroom budgets across the United States are shrinking, The 19th is investing in serious reporting that reimagines politics and policy journalism to be more inclusive of and responsive to its audience. That means:
- Having reporters anchored across the country, not just on the coasts
- Meeting our readers where they are, whether it’s online, in person or in the pages of their local newspaper
- Making our journalism free for state and local publications to republish
- Engaging with women, women of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to better understand how their lives are shaped by the decisions their elected officials make
- Hitting the pavement to listen to our readers’ lived experiences, to tell their stories and to elevate their voices
Do you have questions about our membership program? Visit our FAQ.
Thank you to our new and sustaining members and investors
The 19th thanks those who became members, investors or made a sustaining gift in July 2021, including donating $5 to $999 and supporting us with annual gifts of $1,000 or more. If you're interested, we'd love to speak with you about major gift options. Learn more.
If you donated to The 19th in July 2021 and do not see your name listed here, please email [email protected].
We’d also like to give a special shout-out to our founding members and investors. Thanks for helping make The 19th a reality.